SETsquared Bristol’s success is defined by our ventures achieving their full potential.
For each company growth means something different: investment raised; new jobs created; products launched or customers gained.
At SETsquared we capture this by measuring “Indicators of Success”:
Member data updated as of 20/01/2020
- Over 80 active SETsquared Bristol members
- Record turnover revenue achieved: £58 million in 2019, compared to £43.5 million in 2018 and £38.5 million in 2017
- 33 members raised £64 million in 2019. Investment to date exceeds £496 million
- Over 1,100 people employed
- 240 new jobs were created in 2019
- Women founders/CEOs has risen to 27%, compared to 23% in 2018 and 15% in 2017
- 16% of founders/CEOs are BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) compared to 14% in 2018
- Members span 27 industry types, from aerospace to agriculture, compared to 23 in 2018
- A total of 77 new products were developed/brought to market in 2019
- Total companies applied: 614, compared to 475 the year before
- Total companies supported: 250+
“The SETsquared training courses and the support from Entrepreneurs in Residence have been really helpful, bringing different perspectives that helped us think about what we’re doing and challenge us at the same time. SETsquared is very supportive of diverse businesses, and I think that really have businesses thrive. If we hadn’t set up the company in Bristol with its supportive ecosystem, I don’t know if we would have been where we are right now.”
Zara Nanu, CEO, Gapsquare
How to apply
Are you ready to start growing your technology business?