SETsquared Bristol’s success is defined by our ventures achieving their full potential.
For each company growth means something different: investment raised; new jobs created; products launched or customers gained.
At SETsquared we capture this by measuring “Indicators of Success”
In 2017 we had a record year.
- The world-class incubator has over 80 active members.
- SETsquared Bristol members collectively raised over £119m in 2017, an increase of £71.2m in funding on the previous year
- Our members' companies achieved turnover revenues of over £70 million
- Put together our member companies employ 1,300 people in tech jobs
- Sector diversity is another strong point for the incubator, with members spanning 37 industry types, from aerospace to agriculture.
Lisa Matthews, CEO of HellyHolly, which developed Kairo said:
“The SETsquared community and the wider Bristol start-up ecosystem is a constant source of motivation and inspiration for us, and Tech-Xpo is a great demonstration of the thriving and supportive scene we've got here in Bristol. We're excited for Kairo's future as part of it.”
Some early-stage companies we support, when we get 'under the bonnet', turn out to be not ready for the market or their proposition once tested is unlikely to become a growth business. In these cases we help the founder(s) bring the business to what we call a "controlled stop" - prior to starting trading or taking investment. We also see that as a form of success.
As part of the wider SETsquared partnership we also contribute to some amazing success indicators.
Indicators of success
- Data updated: 01/11/2018
- Current members: 84
- Employees of current members: 1327
- Companies applied since 2007: 475
- Companies supported since 2007: 200+
- Amount of combined investments raised in 2017: £119m
- Amount of combined investments raised in 2018: £33.5m
How to apply
Learn how to apply if you are now ready to complete our online application form.