Sixteen SETsquared Bristol startups have been selected to promote their innovative technologies to an audience of influential investors and business leaders at our flagship pitch, demo and connect showcase, Tech-Xpo, on 28 June.
Eleven of the 16 companies are shortlisted to compete on the night for Best Elevator Pitch. They are: Drift Energy, Gritty Talent, Infinifty, myCopilot.ai, Rosa Biotech, RouteZero, Senmag Robotics, Shelf Conscious, Siloton, SoleSense and Wilder Sensing.
Now in its 19th year, Tech-Xpo 2023 will be hosted at Bristol Harbour Hotel and will represent a diverse range of sectors from healthtech to greentech, with a strong focus on tech for good. An invited audience of over 200 guests will have the opportunity to meet, collaborate with, or invest in new entrepreneurs driven to change the world.
If you are an investor interested in attending the event, please email email@example.com for an invite.
Rosa Biotech will be amongst ten of the startups competing for Best Elevator Pitch. The University of Bristol spinout is transforming the lives of patients with its biosensing platform to detect life-threatening diseases.
Arne Scott, CTO of Rosa Biotech, said: “Following our recent fundraise, Rosa is at an exciting point in its development. Tech-Xpo provides the perfect opportunity to share our vision of earlier chronic disease diagnosis with investors, partners and fellow entrepreneurs in the South West and beyond.”
Previous winners have included Ferryx, which makes bacterial products capable of functioning during active disease, KETS Quantum Security, a world leader in quantum cryptography hardware solutions, and Inclued, an inclusive marketing AI tool.
Here’s a sneak peek of the sixteen companies who will be pitching or exhibiting at Tech-Xpo 2023.
- AI Simulator is a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to learn the art of early-stage investing and fundraising.
- Alo Mundus is a platform that connects urban nature projects with businesses to help them fund initiatives that align with their values and objectives.
- DRIFT Energy is the world’s first mobile class of renewable energy creating green hydrogen at sea and distributing it globally.
- Ferryx develops natural bacterial products capable of functioning during active disease, which can be developed as food supplements or prescription therapeutics.
- Gritty Talent is a tech-driven talent company, building talent value-chain products that support thriving and diverse workforces in the digital age.
- Infinifty is an e-commerce solution ready for web3 that allows creators and brands to bundle their brilliance into secure, authentic, collectible capsules.
- Moropo is a no-code automated testing platform for mobile apps. It provides everything you need to record test flows, replay them across real devices and review the results.
- myCopilot.ai is a pro-active AI Assistant for ADHD, compassionately transforming its users’ moments of need into opportunities to choose the life they really want.
- Rosa Biotech aims to transform the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with chronic disease to significantly enhance outcomes by enabling earlier intervention.
- RouteZero is a climatetech company which takes aim at Europe’s largest source of emissions: travel and transport.
- Senmag Robotics is on a mission to democratise the sense of touch, with its user-friendly, affordable and high-fidelity force feedback device.
- Shelf Conscious provides the toolkit brands that retailers need to efficiently monitor and optimise their digital shelf.
- Siloton is developing a personal eye scanner that is portable, inexpensive, and highly scalable leveraging a technology called integrated photonics.
- SoleSense is a revolution in therapy diagnostics and treatment for all those learning how to stand and walk again after injury.
- Supersmith has developed an affordable, self-stabilising three-wheel mobility scooter that leans into corners and remains perfectly level on uneven ground and cambers.
- Wilder Sensing helps investors, land managers and ecologists quantify changes to biodiversity using commercially available audio sensors and AI.